This website, www.maxcricket.in (the “Site”), (“we”, “us” or “our”) At www.maxcricket.in, the privacy of visitors to our Site and Apps is important to us. This privacy statement outlines the types of personal data that is received and collected in connection with the Site and the Apps and how it may be used and processed by us in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018 (the “Data Protection Law”).
Under Data Protection Law, personal data is information that identifies you as an individual or is capable of doing so such as your name, mobile phone number, or email address. For the purposes of Data Protection Law, Maxcricket.in is considered the controller of your personal data. Please read this privacy statement carefully to understand how your personal data may be processed.
Categories of personal data we may gather
Maxcricket.in may collect, or have transferred to us, information from which you can be identified including:
- When you create an account on the Site or through our Apps including to access certain sections of the Site and/or Apps to play fantasy cricket or to receive other products and services, you may be asked to provide us with your name, mobile number, email address and any other information required to create your user profile (e.g. password);
- Where you seek to participate in a competition or other game such as fantasy cricket, you may be asked to provide certain personal data to confirm that you are eligible to participate (e.g. confirmation that you are eighteen years or over) and any other details required for the operation of the competition or game (e.g. your user profile);
- If you comment on articles or other content displayed on our Site and/or Apps, we may process any personal data contained in those posts;
- When you subscribe to mailing lists, you may be asked to provide your email address and details of your marketing preferences;
- When you order products or services on the Site or through the Apps you may be asked to, or of your own volition, provide your personal data, including your name, mobile number, email address, home or business address, etc.;
- When you visit the Site and the Apps we may collect information, via cookies and related technology, from the devices you use to access the Site and/or Apps. Such information may include details about your use of the Site and Apps, third-party content, products, and services. This may also include information about your device, machine, or browser so that we can make sure the Site and/or Apps are displayed in the most effective manner for you and such information may include your IP address, identification number, online identifier, browser information, location data and other similar identifying information required for your devices to communicate with websites and applications on the internet. For more information on cookies and how to manage them, please see our cookies notice.
- If you contact Maxcricket.in for any reason, you may provide us with your personal data in connection with that communication and we may keep a record of this;
- Information provided by other organization’s who are legally permitted to share information about you with us; and
- Any other personal data that you provide to us or is generated in connection with your use of the Site and Apps.
Purposes for which we may use your personal data
- For registration purposes, we may process your personal data for the purpose of registering you as an account holder on our Site and Apps and to provide you with log-in details in connection therewith;
- Identification purposes, including to ensure that we can identify you as a Maxcricket.in account holder when you log-in to restricted areas of the Site and/or Apps;
- Providing services on the Site and our Apps, including enabling you to participate in fantasy cricket or any other games or competitions that Maxcricket.in may provide from time to time or to enable you to comment on articles or other content posted on the Site and/or Apps from time to time;
- Verification purposes, including to ensure that you are eligible to participate in certain competitions and games that Maxcricket.in may provide from time to time;
- For direct marketing purposes, your email address may be used by us or by other entities within our group to send you direct marketing materials where you have provided your consent to such and have not opted-out of receiving such (See section entitled ‘Disclosure of your Information’);
- Processing any orders or requests for products and services made to us;
- Operating the Site and the Apps, including ensuring that the content on the Site and Apps are presented in the most effective, responsive and compatible ways for your device;
- Measuring the activity of the Site and Apps, including assessing and analyzing the level of traffic to the Site and the Apps and other statistics and behavior;
- Quality and improvement monitoring, including enabling Maxcricket.in to update the Site and Apps with a view to improving performance and/or to reflect changes in content to be displayed on the Site and Apps;
- Communications, we may process your personal data in order to facilitate communication with you, in particular, to respond to or address any communication you have submitted to us or to otherwise inform you of any changes impacting the Site and/or the Apps such as for example that the Site may be unavailable due to maintenance; and
- Legal obligations, we may process your personal data where we are required or authorized to do so to comply with a legal obligation.
The legal bases on which Maxcricket.in collect, process and transfer your personal data in the manner described in this privacy statement are as follows:
- Your consent (where we have sought it and you have provided it), and in which case, you can withdraw your consent at any time;
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you;
- the processing is necessary where we, or a third party, has a legitimate interest in processing your personal data such as managing and improving the performance of the Site and our Apps, operating and promoting our business or to protect against and prevent fraud; and
- the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
Disclosure of your information
The personal data you provide to us or that we gather in connection with the above purposes may be accessed by or given to third parties including:
- our parent company, subsidiaries, or any other entity within the Maxcricket.in the group in order to enable them to directly market you where you have consented to receive such marketing material and you have not subsequently opted-out of such. Your personal data processed by such entities is limited primarily to your email address and they only receive your personal data for marketing purposes where you have consented to this and have not opted-out. We have contractual arrangements in place with such entities where they confirm that they will abide by applicable law;
- Third parties including service providers, who on our behalf process information, fulfill and deliver orders, provide IT services, process payments, and provide support services on our behalf;
- Service providers to whom we may pass aggregate information on the usage of our Site and Apps to assess the performance of such but this will not include information that can be used to identify you;
- Potential new business partners or owners and their advisors in the event of a proposed joint venture, sale or merger with another business entity;
- Service providers who provide professional services to us, including legal advisors and accountants; and
- Other entities as required or permitted by law, such as law enforcement authorities.
Consequences of not providing your personal data
Unless you are informed otherwise at the time your personal data is collected, the provision of certain of your personal data is required for the performance of your relationship with us. If you do not provide us with the personal data that we need, we may not be able to provide you with certain services such as access to fantasy cricket.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access, use, or disclosure of your personal data, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we process in connection with the Site and Apps.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site or Apps; any transmission is at your own risk.
We may transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), including to a jurisdiction that is not recognized by the European Commission as providing for an equivalent level of protection for personal data as is provided for in the European Union. If and to the extent that we do so, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to comply with our obligations under Data Protection Law governing such transfers, which may include entering into a contract governing the transfer which contains the ‘standard contractual clauses’ approved for this purpose by the European Commission or, in respect of transfers to the United States of America ensuring that the transfer is covered by the EU-US Privacy Shield framework. Further details of the measures that we have taken in this regard are available by contacting us at [email protected]
Retention of your personal data
Maxcricket.in will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. Maxcricket.in retention periods differ depending upon the nature of the personal data and the purposes for which it is processed.
Where you register an account with Maxcricket.in, your personal data will be retained for the duration of our relationship with you and for a period of time after as necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations under applicable law and, if relevant to deal with any complaint or dispute that might arise between us. Complaints concerning the retention of your personal data can be submitted via email to [email protected] .
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances and subject to certain restrictions, in relation to your personal data:
- Right to access the data – You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data;
- Right to rectification – You have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete;
- Right to erasure – You have the right to request us to delete the personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten;
- Right to restriction of processing or to object to processing – You have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for a particular purpose; and
- Right to data portability – You have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format.
Consequences of not providing your personal data
To exercise any of the rights set out above, you can email us at [email protected]. If you are not happy with the way in which we have used your personal data or addressed your rights, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with your supervisory authority which in Ireland is the Data Protection Commission.
Changes to this privacy statement
This privacy statement may be reviewed and updated from time to time to consider changes in the law and changes in how we may process your personal data. Where material changes are made, we will post a prominent notice on the Site and Apps indicating that we have updated the privacy statement and will indicate at the top of the privacy statement when it was last updated. Your continued use of the Site and Apps after such changes will be subject to the then-current privacy statement. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to stay informed about how we collect, use, and disclose personal data.
If you have questions about this privacy statement or our treatment of the information provided to us, please contact us at [email protected]